Using Simulation to Make Faster, more Informed Decisions
Effective use of simulation can help project managers reduce many downstream costs and risks. Often referred to as computer-aided engineering, or CAE, simulation enables engineers to understand, predict, and improve product performance digitally. More design concepts can be explored, which in turn reduces direct costs associated with expensive physical prototypes and enables faster, more informed decisions. The result is better performing products and higher margins.
The keys to maximizing the value of simulation applications are to use them both as early as possible and then throughout the development process. To this end, Siemens PLM Software offers a comprehensive suite of simulation solutions designed to meet the needs of multiple users within any engineering enterprise.
NX for Simulation Delivers:
- Reusable processes and knowledge-driven CAE as a unified part of the NX Digital Product Development environment
- Scalability and consistency based on high-performance CAE technology
- Industrial-strength productivity where CAE results are “current and in the design loop”
- Intelligent multi-CAD geometry idealization capabilities for CAE which automatically update as the design changes
- Multi-discipline solutions through integrated multi-physics, multi-discipline FEA and CFD solvers, and design-integrated multi-body motion simulation
- Simulation process and data managementacross a global organization and virtual supply chain for managing CAE models, results, reports and CAE “best practice” processes
- Open support for industry standard CAD and CAE data exchange formats: Parasolid, IGES, STEP, STL, UNV, NBD, XML; standard 3rd party CAE software integrations including ANSYS, ABAQUS, LS-Dyna and MSC NASTRAN; and customizability for in-house solutions
- Global design collaboration using JT for lightweight visualization