Revolutionise Your Manufacturing Enterprise with a Digital Machine Shop
The concept of the digital machine shop is the future of manufacturing.
If you were to ask ten manufacturing experts what idea was most likely to bring about the second industrial revolution, you would probably hear something about digitalisation from every one of them. Specifically, creating a digital machine shop allows a manufacturer to connect every facet of its operations: engineering, design and manufacturing processes; machines, robots and other equipment; individual departments and teams. They can all be brought together through digitalisation, to work concurrently more fluidly and productively.
Common Mistakes Manufacturers Make without the Digital Machine Shop
Digitalizing machine shops have the potential to transform the manufacturing world from top to bottom. Manufacturers are ready for this technological leap, too. Here are just a few of the mistakes that manufacturing enterprises make by not taking advantage of digitalisation.
- Allowing silos to exist: Every business of a certain size has silos. Departments break apart, focus on their specific work and eventually get to the point where they exist almost independently of other teams within the company. The digital machine shop concept bridges these gaps and fosters greater communication, collaboration and transparency throughout your enterprise. This knowledge sharing can bring about considerable boosts in productivity, innovation and profit.
- Not drawing upon past data: We are living in the era of big data. Finding ways to turn previous data into current insights and future value is an essential priority for any business. Taking the machine shop digital allows seamless access to past designs and other perceptions, making it easy for data to work for you in new ways.
- Underusing automation: Where can we automate processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency? Companies in every industry are asking this question, and manufacturing is not immune. The digital machine shop helps you gain a better understanding of all your processes and how they work together. In turn, this insight can help you develop smarter workflows and identify opportunities for automation.
What You Can Expect from PhoenxPLM Regarding Digitalization in Australia
At PhoenxPLM, we help manufacturers explore the idea of digitalization across Australia, by way of sophisticated Siemens PLM (product lifecycle management) software. Here are a few of the benefits we can help your business unlock with the software solutions we provide:
- Shorter time to market: Our clients report that using Siemens PLM solutions tailored to their business needs helps ensure a shorter time to market for their products—all without sacrificing quality.
- Increased plant availability: When you are manufacturing things more quickly, you have additional plant availability. In turn, this increased availability boosts your bandwidth and allows you to produce more.
- Comprehensive vision and planning: PLM is meant to aid in the management of the entire product lifecycle, and Siemens’ software does just that. By giving you a clearer view of the complete product development and production process, PLM software makes it easier to innovate and improve.
If digitalising the machine shop has the potential to revolutionise manufacturing in general, you can bet that it will transform your company’s processes. Contact PhoenxPLM today to learn more about adopting and implementing Siemens PLM software solutions.